I have a pocket in which I saved money for a holiday. During the holiday I want to pay from that pocket, so that I can easily see how much money I have left to spent. Also I would like to use categories to see how much money I spent on food, traveling, accommodation, etc. during that holiday.
Example: Move a 30€ bill of a restaurant to my holiday pocket, so that I can see fast that I have 30€ less left for my holiday and have spent 30€ on the category „Bars & Restaurants“.
Current workaround: I withdraw money from my pocket every time I pay something for my holiday. This is tedious, produces duplicate transactions in the overview and I can’t analyze by category for what I spent my pocket (holiday) money.
- To my understanding pockets as full banc accounts (with individual usable IBAN) are not a technical problem, but unpractical, because tomorrow has to pay per IBAN. I suggest to make the pocket feel like individual banc accounts without them actually being individual banc accounts.
- I suggest that for every transaction there is an option to move that transaction to a pocket. For example I want to go to my 30€ restaurant bill and choose „Move to pocket“ and then choose my holiday pocket. This then simply withdraws 30€ from my holiday pocket. The transaction should NOT be shown twice (once paying restaurant from main account, second withdrawing from pocket), but can be technically realized as 2 transactions. On the holiday pocket overview I want to see that payed 30€ for „Bars & Restaurants“.
- Provide an analysis by category similar to the main account for pockets.
- Do you think this is technically doable without extra cost for tomorrow (except for the costs of developing the feature) and if so do you think this is a technical difficult task?
- Do you like this feature? I am very open to discuss this feature on a user experience and technical level.