[HEUTE (Trello)] V-Pay

No worries! As usual, thank you for your time sharing your insights with us.

1 „Gefällt mir“

A Verifone H5000 at an independent DIY store nearby…

I touched the top „Visa Debit“ and the transaction moved to the next step

Also today, at another merchant, I picked the lower (second) „Visa Debit“, which is connected to the VPAY AID, and the transaction was declined. Choosing the first Visa Debit immediately afterwards did work.

I would recommend that when offered the two „Visa Debit“ choice, you pick the top/first one only. This transaction will process as regular Visa Debit and not VPAY - and while there should be no difference in processing, clearly there is something.

It looks like tomorrow has some problems with vpay!

Could you maybe forward the details to the support team or @Vinz.

The problem is not with Tomorrow (or Solaris) in this case, rather with the configuration of the system at the merchant (Rossmann) or the configuration at PAYONE, as they think that the Tomorrow card is not a valid VPAY card. One of the intermediate systems must be checking the prefix of the Tomorrow card number with a list of known VPAY card ranges, and the Tomorrow card is not listed.

This kind of issue happens on an occasional basis in the industry as new BINs are added, removed or changed. It is easy to resolve.

3 „Gefällt mir“

I ordered my Holzkarte two weeks ago and today I received one of the plastic cards with the apple motif. Never mind, but before activating it I just want to be sure that the offline PIN issue has been resolved for the current plastic cards too. I guess so, as of @aidanic’s comment here – am I right?

Finally, does the V-Pay option come with the wooden card only?

Yes, although there may be an issue with contactless transactions.

Yes, as it’s a different supplier.

Wonderful.

I think I need a matrix to decide on the optimal card:

1. The green card
  • issue with offline PIN, especially in the UK
  1. The motif card
  • issue with contactless transactions
  1. The wooden card
  • comes with Visa Debit and V-Pay, may cause issues
  • issue with Sparkasse ATMs
  • people with vision disorder making „dig-in“ chip transactions: bring your reading glasses as the terminal may ask you for a non-trivial selection of options like Visa Debit and Visa Debit :wink:

Well, I should probably stick with #2. If a contactless payment fails I can dig in the card for a second attempt (hopefully).

It would be fun if the app would lead you through the decision making when you order a new card. Then, a 4th Christmas tree at the end of the process…

I understand the frustration - delivering this kind of product into the hands of the consumer is challenging - expectations are high - and the technology stack complex - with the added anxiety of handling people’s hard earned money.

I’ve had 6 debit cards from Tomorrow this year - the wooden one is performing best with the exception of some patchy VPAY (which I’m not too worried about). Unfortunately you can only have one card attached to the account.

The motif card issued after late November should have both the contactless and offline PIN issues resolved. The contactless issue means contactless does not work 100% of the time, and this appears to have only affected a small group of cards.

Note, with a new card that you have just received, you need to have a chip (inserted) transaction before the contactless becomes enabled. A security feature to stop someone using the card while it’s in transit to you.

If we’re ever allowed meet in groups again, maybe we can have a community event in HH, and share our experiences over a refreshing beverage.

Thank you! I’ll keep my fingers crossed and will try :smiley:.

Oh, and don’t take my words too seriously. I’ve been working with technical stuff for decades and I’m sure I inflicted some frustration as well.

I’m looking forward to a virus free meetup sometime 2021 :+1:.

Das Terminal bei LIDL zeigt korrekt Visa Debit und V Pay an und man kann via V Pay bezahlen. Genau so soll es sein.

4 „Gefällt mir“

Gerade bei unserer Post mit VPAY bezahlt. Alles einwandfrei gelaufen.

Dialog:
Ich möchte bitte mit Karte bezahlen.
Was ist das für ne Karte?
V-Pay
Perfekt - genau das was ich hören wollte

–> Eiwandfrei per NFC bezahlt - VISA kontaktlos, VISA Debit und V-PAY standen auf der Rechnung als „Zahlungsmethode“ da. Da sollten sie sich vielleicht noch etwas einig werden, aber ansonsten alles gut :slight_smile:

6 „Gefällt mir“

Ich dachte V Pay geht nur gesteckt und nicht kontaktlos.

Vielleicht geht vpay Kontaktlos, wenn die Kreditkarte sonst nicht akzeptiert werden würde?

Vielleicht kann @aidanic was dazu sagen.

Does V Pay work contactless?

Hi and Happy New Year to all,

In short yes, both the Visa Debit and VPAY AIDs are loaded in the index file on the card that gets read when you present the card to a contactless device.

Typically if a device supports the AID on the contact (chip) interface it will also support the same AID on the contactless interface.

For @Stefan 's interaction, there was only the VPAY AID that was present on both the device and the card, and no messy AID selection. I ran into a Girocard only merchant just before Christmas and VPAY was not accepted.

Here is the dump from 2PAY.SYS.DDF01 from the wooden Tomorrow Card. Dots, formatting, spaces and newlines to make it readable. You can see the two AIDs listed (A0000000031010 and A0000000032020), and that the Visa Debit AID has priority #1 and the VPAY AID #2 (tag 87).

6F5F
84.0E.325041592E5359532E4444463031
A5.4D
BF0C.4A
4F.07.A0000000031010
50.0A.56697361204465626974
9F.0A.080001050100000000
4F.07.A0000000032020
50.0A.56697361204465626974
9F.0A.080001050100000000

3 „Gefällt mir“

Ich habe gestern auch das erste Mal einen Versuch mit der neuen Holzkarte in einer Post-Filiale gestartet. Mit der alten (grünen) Karte konnte ich dort nicht zahlen.
Die Dame sagte mir, dass sie nur EC-Karten nehmen. Ich sagte, ich möchte es trotzdem probieren. Dann fragte sie, was für eine Karte das denn ist, sie müsse auf dem Display etwas auswählen. Da wollte sie dann zuerst Maestro nehmen, ich hab dann Visa und VPay erwähnt. VPay hat sie auswählen können und damit hat die Transaktion auch perfekt kontaktlos geklappt. Soviel zum Thema „nur EC-Karten“ :smiley:
Für mich also doch eine Verbesserung der Akzeptanz mit VPay. Damit sollte man nun wirklich fast keine Probleme mehr haben. Und wenn doch, ist der Händler auch irgendwie selber Schuld.

6 „Gefällt mir“

Hallo und schönen Nachmittag allerseits,

ich möchte auch kurz von meinen Zahlerfahrungen hier im Dreiländereck Frankreich-Deutschland-Luxemburg berichten. Die Zahlungskultur ist doch sehr unterschiedlich.

Deutschland
Im deutschen Grenzgebiet gibt es viele Händler, die nur VPay + Maestro Karten nehmen und keine Visa/Mastercard. Dies ist wohl dadurch bedingt, dass viele Leute aus Luxemburg und Frankreich dort einkaufen. Trotzdem scheuen diese Händler die höheren Gebühren von Kreditkarten und lehnen diese deshalb ab. Leider fällt die VisaDebit auch darunter, obwohl es sich um eine DebitKarte handelt.

Luxemburg
In Luxemburg ist die Situation ähnlich, wobei die Akzeptanz für Kreditkarten dort viel höher ist. Gestern wollte ich jedoch beim Arzt mit der Holzkarte zahlen und das funktioniert leider nicht. Die Dame meinte schon im Voraus, dass nur VPay akzeptiert wird. Da die Holzkarte ja beide Systeme theoretisch unterstützt, habe ich 2x versucht damit zu zahlen. Sowohl mit NFC, als auch beim Einstecken bekam ich vom Terminal (Yoximo Mobile Flex - SIX Payments) die Meldung „Zahlung abgelehnt“. Schade! In der App wurde auch keine Meldung bezüglich dieser Zahlungsversuche angezeigt.
Mit der VPAY Karte meiner luxemburgischen Hausbank funktionierte es direkt.

Frankreich
Nun zu Frankreich: Die Franzosen zahlen quasi alles mit Karte, hier hatte ich noch nie Schwierigkeiten beim Zahlen, da generell alle Systeme unterstützt werden.

Liebe Grüße,
Yannick

2 „Gefällt mir“

Nicht nur theoretisch - auch praktisch!

Ich selber habe bereits mit V Pay bezahlt und eigentlich müsste vom Terminal beim stecken der Karte eine Auswahl möglich sein. Liegt dann vermutlich am Terminal.

Ja, ich vermute auch, dass es am Terminal lag.
Bis jetzt hatte ich nur 1x an der Tankstelle die Auswahlmöglichkeiten „Visa Debit“ und „Visa Debit“. Ich habe absichtlich beide einmal ausprobiert und beide funktionierten.
Wobei auf dem Kassenzettel anschließen auch immer „Visa Debit“ stand. Keine Ahnung ob da jetzt trotzdem VPAY im Hintergrund werkelte oder nicht.

Für mich zeigt das, dass die Karte ihrer Zeit ein wenig voraus ist :wink: .

Die Kombination VISA Debit / VPAY in einer Karte und das Fallback auf VPAY, wenn Visa nicht funktioniert, ist wohl mit vielen Zahlungsterminals noch nicht funktionsfähig.

Schönes Wochenende,
Yannick

2 „Gefällt mir“